|To use an existing pattern to create a pattern of components:
1) You can place a pattern of components in an assembly based on a feature pattern of an existing component.This is called Derived Component Pattern.
2) You can place a pattern of components in an assembly based on a feature pattern of assembly features.
3) By default, all instances use the same configuration as the seed components. To change the configuration, edit the component properties of an instance.
4) You cannot skip instances when creating a derived component pattern; you must edit the feature.
5) The new components appear under DerivedLPattern or DerivedCirPattern in the FeatureManager design tree
This is an useful video Tutorial from Solidprofessor which shows the Feature Driven Pattern in a particular Assembly.
Labels: Feature, Feature Driven Pattern, Professor, Sketch, Solidworks, Solidworks Tips, Video Tutorials