|SolidWorks 2009 Features:
• Speed Pack - simplify parts in an assembly with a slider or manual override of what stays in the assembly. Expanded upon selective open and lightweight. Has a view scope that shows the simplified assembly on your cursor. This also allows drawing creation without loading parts in memory.
• Sketch dimensions can be added automatically with inputs - click, pull and type
• New Slot tool on the sketch toolbar.
• Sheet metal - solid to sheet metal selecting edges for bends and faces for panels. It will allow flat patterns.
• Display states in multi-body parts.
• Plastic design - add lip and grove features and is parametric.
• Plastic design also will reorder similar to SWIFT for plastic parts when doing cuts. They showed an example that looked like the indent feature but performed with a cut into a shelled part and it was reordered properly with draft automatically.
• New bill of materials in Parts and Assemblies (outside of drawing and can be printed directly or show in another window with all editing features. and can be reused in drawings.
• Assembly cut features have a new check box to enable propagation back to parts as well - similar to the Hole Series.
• New stretch tool in sketches for modifying an existing sketch by dragging and support for negative dimensions with the wheel when modifying dimensions.• Sensors can be added for measurement or load inside of SolidWorks to allow the CAD tool to warn the user when design boundaries are violated. Not just a COSMOS feature now.
• Toolbox - Heads up display in graphics upon drag and drop. Drag fasteners to sizing can be done by eye with on screen ruler using Instant3D.
• Magnifier tool - shows a magnifier glass on screen so you can keep the global view while zooming inside the magnified area.
• Clicking on the triad will automatically allow the view to snap to normal to that direction.
• Dual units are automatically displayed on screen during modification, in the measure tool and in the status bar at the bottom right corner of the SolidWorks application.
• Middle mouse double click now zooms to fit.
• CommandManager allows docking other toolbars in the same vertical area. An area on the right shows an available space to share the same height instead of adding another row. I am still curious if this means it can be undockedcompletely from the SW application for dual monitor support. Visually it seemed like the entire Command Manager could be moved..(Number one enhancement request from the show this year)
• Cosmos - Show what bolts will work and which ones will fail.
• SolidWorks Routing - Support for ribbon cables with custom folds and routing. Support for 3D routing views in the drawings while inserting all the bill of materials, parts lists, and circuit summary.
• Multi jogs on dims and drag and drop (copy/paste) dims like hole callouts.
• New title block can be double clicked on and all data can be modified on the fly without editing the sheet format.Modification will update data linked to custom property definitions as well.
Download what's New Solidworks 2009 Pdf Here
Labels: New functionality, Solidworks 2009